Monday, November 7, 2011

A Work in Progress

Phl. 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete [it] until the day of Jesus Christ."

Whenever I get down on myself because I'm not where I think I should be in life; I just stop and remember that I'm a work in progress. God is still molding and fashioning me into who He wants me to be. And it will continue until I meet Him face to face. He will continue to direct and guide me on how I should walk and look in this life. He is in control and as long as I remember that, I can take confidence in who I am because I know I'm being shaped by the almighty God. I'm His workmanship. He is handcrafting me unto His pleasure. Having this understanding that He is at work in me until He returns also keeps me from ever thinking that I'm already a finished product; that I have already attained. It keeps pride from taking root within me because as long as I'm looking to Him as the Creator and finisher of who I am, pride has no place in me. I realize that I'm not who I am because of anything I've done but rather because of who He is in me. This is also my defense when people judge me. I can tell them to take it up with God because He is the one in charge of molding me into who He desires me to be. And it is my goal to allow His process to take its full coarse in my life. I'm just along for the ride. Remember to not allow the enemy to remind you of your deficiency's but rather take confidence that God has you right where He wants you and that He is at work in you.

Be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment