Friday, August 5, 2011

Our Focus

I wonder how much we could change our situation by simply changing our focus. Easier said than done right ? I know, it's very easy for someone outside of your life to sit back and say just focus on the good in life when everything in there life appears to be going good. But is that the case? Are we really truly able to accurately be the judge of what others are struggling with or is that just another excuse to keep the focus off of our own struggles? The reason I ask is because there always seems to be a pretty valid reason in our lives to keep us from thinking upon those things that bring us joy and life. And I wonder if that's not the enemies way of keeping us in our junk, keeping us from ever getting our heads above water. I wonder how much we could change our situation by simply forcing ourselves to focus on those things that bring us life. I say forcing because when we are constantly surrounding by a world that thrives on negativity and drama we literally have to force ourselves from the drama and force ourselves to find the good things in life to focus on. Reflecting upon God word always brings life and continually gives us wisdom on how to change our situation. I find much encouragement from Phil 4:8 and find when I spend my time meditating on this scripture my attitude towards the difficulties in life begin to change. Than before I know it those things don't seem so tough anymore and I realize that what once seemed to be such a difficulty in my life isn't even a situation anymore. Be encouraged in knowing that in Gods word is the power to change whatever difficulty your facing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment