Thursday, August 18, 2011

safe place

I'm strengthened by Psalms 91. It encourages me because all to often as I walk through this imperfect world I need a place of refuge. A place that I can find rest and regain my strength. A true safe place where I can come comfortable to be myself and be protected. This chapter in the bible, for me, paints a perfect picture of who my heavenly Father is: He is my protector, He is my shield, He is my rock, He is my fortress, in Him I can trust. He will be there when I call upon Him and He will deliver me from my enemies. He will be with me in times of trouble and He will keep me from evil. He is the one constant in an always changing world. And I don't know about you, but I desperately need Him. I would encourage you when life gets overwhelming to reflect upon this chapter and to remember how good our God is. Be blessed!!

2 comments:

  1. As I read this, I am reminded of these words from a Hillsong's song:

    Your eye is on the sparrow
    And Your hand, it comforts me
    From the ends of the Earth to the depth of my heart
    Let Your mercy and strength be seen

    You call me to Your purpose
    As angels understand
    For Your glory, may You draw all men
    As Your love and grace demand

    And I will run to You
    To Your words of truth
    Not by might, not by power
    But by the spirit of God
    Yes I will run the race
    'Till I see Your face
    Oh let me live in the glory of Your grace

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2wCVcmYOU

    Have a blessed day Bro.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Doug!!!

    ReplyDelete