Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Seasons of life

There's this idea in life that life would be better if we just had more. It's the constant driving force of the world we live in. Always looking for the next best thing, never truly being satisfied with what we have. We seem to never allow the process we are in to take its full coarse because we are always in a hurry to experience the next thing. I think King Solomon put it best when he said "its all vanity." While I believe it's important to be ambitious and have personal drive; I also believe there's a delicate balance between being driven and being satisfied. Being satisfied is knowing that God has you in a season, no matter how horrendous that season is, and being content in it. Content with the fact that our loving God has only brought you to this season because He knows that there's something to be gained in that season. Something that will draw you closer to Him. I think Paul put it best when he said "I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Its being in a place of realizing that no matter where you are in life, if your heart is surrendered to God, He will give you the strength to get through whatever season your in. Be strengthened in knowing today that God has you in the palm of His hand and although at times we have to walk through the fire its His hand that will always keep us from getting burned. Be Blessed!!




No comments:

Post a Comment