Saturday, September 17, 2011

God is at Work in You: Part 1!!

Philippians 1:6

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. 

God has a plan for your life and He is bringing it about in you. I think about Moses and the call that God put on his life. I'm sure as a young lad with a stutter he never thought he would be the voice of God to a generation. I can imagine his surprise when God told him he was going to go before Pharaoh and speak on His behalf. I'm sure all the voices in Moses head were reminding him of all his inadequacies and his shortcomings. I find it funny that Moses even reminded the Lord (as if He didn't already know):

 Exodus 4:10
"Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” 

I wonder how many times we do this in our lives. When the Lord says I have great things in store for you we quickly allow our inadequacies to speak. "But Lord I'm not smart enough to do that", "but Lord there's no way you would want me to do that."
That's the thing. God will usually call us to do something that is out of our comfort zone, something that causes us to stretch a little. This is because the further we get away from that which comes easy the more we need to rely on Him. And this is where He wants us; relying upon His strength. He will take the ability that He has given us and squeeze every last bit of potential out of it. To make sure we are accomplishing what He has called us to do. This is the great part; He is completing the work He started in us. We need to just sit back and allow it to happen. The thing we need to combat is to not be resistant to it but to be confident that He is doing His thing. So sit back and hold on!!!!! 
Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment