Friday, October 14, 2011

Revisiting Gods Promises

Gen 26:24-25 "And the LORD appeared to him the same night and said, "I [am] the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I [am] with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham's sake.So he built an altar there and called on the name of the LORD, and he pitched his tent there; and there Isaac's servants dug a well."


In the old testament when God spoke or did something on someone's behalf they built a monument as a reminder of what He did. This monument could have been a well, a stone altar or some other kind of structure that when visited stood as a reminder of what God spoke into their lives. As I reflected upon this old testament principle, the Lord began to show me the importance of revisiting those promises He has spoken into my life. He began to show me that in a lot of cases the answer I had been seeking had already been spoken into my life from years past. I just needed to revisit those things He had already spoken over me. Often times God speaks into our lives and because we don't see immediate results we assume we must have heard wrong. It's important to remember the seasons of God. Things spoken now into your life may be for this season or it could be for years down the road. Hold fast to those promises because He is a faithful God and He will bring them to past; it just may not be in our timing. If your seeking God for direction and He has not yet answered you, revisit what He has said in years past and see if your answer is there. Seek God and He will answer or maybe He already has!

Be Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment