Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Those that Have Gone Before us!!

I have tried in my life to glean as much as possible from those that have gone before me. The generations before us have left a legacy for us to walk in. There is so much that can be learned from their experiences.

Paul urges us a few times in the Bible to watch his Godly example and imitate him:
1Cr 4:15-16 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet [you do] not [have] many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Therefore I urge you, imitate me.
I believe there has been people in our lives that have been such great examples for us to follow after.
Why reinvent the wheel? Just as Solomon said, "there is nothing new under the sun"; there is nothing that we are going through that someone before us hasn't already gone through. And why not use their experiences as lesson for us to learn from? Having grown up around some amazing people in my life, I've always tried to have this philosiphy in life. I've watched and learned from all those important examples in my life and I can stand here today and say, I am who I am because of their great example. I know there is something inside of us that has to experience everything for ourselves. But if we can learn from the victories and mistakes of those that have gone before us, why not? I would call that wisdom!

Here's Solomon, one of the wisest men in all of history, and he starts out (one of my favorite passages in the Bible) by saying, "Son, give attention to my words", learn from what I done:
Pro 4:20-27 "My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they [are] life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it [spring] the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil."

Be Blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment